We extended the full and short paper deadline for VizSec 2017 to Friday, July 21st, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.
Also, keep in mind the Diversity Scholarship application deadline is coming up on August 1st, and the Poster Abstract deadline is August 21st. Please see our Call for Papers for details.
We are excited to announce that this year’s VizSec will award a Best Paper prize to the best full or short paper from the program! The prize is a $100 Amazon gift card, thanks to the generous support of Two Six Labs.
This award will be given to paper judged to have the highest overall quality. Key criteria include whether the paper includes evaluation, repeatable results, and open-source data or software.
We are pleased to announce that the VizSec 2017 Call for Papers is officially open! You have until July 18th, 2017 to complete your submission for full and short papers.
Technical research papers may present techniques, applications, theory, analysis, experiments, or evaluations. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Situation awareness and/or understanding
- Incident handling including triage, exploration, correlation, and response
- Computer forensics
- Recording and reporting results of investigations
- Assisting proactive security configuration and deployment
- Reverse engineering and malware analysis
- Vulnerability management
- Multiple data source analysis
- Analyzing information requirements for computer network defense
- Evaluation and/or user testing of VizSec systems
- Criteria for assessing the effectiveness of cyber security visualizations (whether from a security goal perspective or a human factors perspective)
- Modeling system and network behavior
- Modeling attacker and defender behavior
- Studying risk and impact of cyber attacks
- Predicting future attacks or targets
- Security metrics and education
- Software security
- Mobile application security
- Social networking privacy and security
As in 2016, we will be accepting short papers describing practical applications of security visualization – we welcome discussions on lessons learned, success stories, challenges, and insights gained from cyber security visualization in practice. We invite cyber security practitioners from industry, as well as the research community, to submit case studies.
We look forward to your submissions, and to hearing about your experiences at VizSec in October!
Papers for 2016 are now in the IEEE Digital Library.
For more information about the 2016 program, see http://vizsec.org/vizsec2016/
The VizSec 2016 program is now available.